It’s easier to show off a smile when you’re proud of your teeth and having bright white teeth is something many people seek to achieve because white teeth look healthy and clean. There are, however, some concerns around teeth whitening procedures and we’re here to help put those concerns to rest.
Teeth Whitening in a Dental Clinic
When we look at other people and find ourselves noticing how white their teeth are, we might begin to consider the colour of our teeth. Are they yellowing and are you drinking or eating beverages that are discolouring your teeth?
Did you know the teeth whitening market is estimated to be worth around 7 Billion US dollars? We want whiter teeth because it boosts self-confidence and self-esteem so it’s easy to see why this market is booming.
Consider having your teeth professionally whitened because it looks great and makes you feel great too! Here are some wonderful and proven advantages of having brighter teeth:
- Boosts self-confidence
- Studies show that whiter teeth make people more attractive to others
- Teeth whitening in dental clinics is faster and more effective
- Teeth whitening in a dental clinic will also rule out any other oral and oral hygiene concerns
How Do Teeth Get Stained?
Many day-to-day things will not only stain our teeth but can also cause more serious oral health issues such as cavities, gum disease, and more.
Here are just a few things that can cause discoloured teeth:
- Smoking and chewing tobacco
- Drinking red wine
- Drinking coffee and other caffeinated beverages
- Drinking soda (specifically cola) and beverages with high sugar levels
- Not brushing and flossing teeth regularly
- Consuming certain medications and drugs
Regularly brushing and flossing teeth will help to keep the stains at bay but a regular checkup with a dentist is highly recommended if you want to keep those pearly whites white!
Will Tooth Whitening Harm My Teeth?
When you have teeth whitened under the care and supervision of a trained dentist, so long as you have healthy teeth and gums before the whitening treatment, tooth whitening is a safe and easy procedure for everyone.
Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for every at-home tooth whitening kit and below are a few reasons why:
- The peroxide in tooth whitening kits can cause soft tissue burns in the mouth
- Some kits have been known to cause pain. Teeth whitening procedures should not cause a patient any pain.
- Gums and teeth may not be healthy and using at-home teeth whitening kits can cause more harm than good if you have cracked teeth, decay, leaking fillings etc.
You would be amazed at how many dental patients end up at their local dental clinic for professional teeth whitening after having tried at-home kits that just don’t work. Protect your teeth with professional dental care.
Our Clinic Can Help
If you’re looking for professional teeth whitening services at a family dentist that cares about your oral health, our dentist can help. We offer a variety of options to help you achieve the bright, beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. Call us today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to meeting you!